Terms of Business
Bookings with Desmond Tours are subject to the terms and conditions set out below. Your statutory rights are not affected.
1. Booking Process
- In order to book one of our tours, the customer must pay the specified deposit at the time of placing the booking. This deposit is non-refundable except in the case of cancellation of the tour by Desmond Tours.
- The full balance of the tour is due 42 days (6 weeks) prior to the start date of the tour.
- If the full balance of the tour price is not received within 6 weeks of the start date of the tour, Desmond Tours reserves the right to cancel the booking.
2. Modification or Cancellation of a tour by Desmond Tours
- We endeavour to operate all our tours as advertised. However, we reserve the right to modify or cancel any tour up to two weeks before the start date of the tour. In the event of the booked driver guide and/or vehicle not being available, we reserve the right to arrange for a substitute driver guide and/or vehicle of the same standard.
- A “driver guide” is unless otherwise specified one person and is both your driver and guide.
- We undertake not to cancel or modify any tour within two weeks of the tour start date unless forced to do so by circumstances beyond its reasonable control.
- In the event that we have to cancel a tour, the customer shall receive a full refund of the monies paid to us but will not be entitled to any further sum by way of compensation, damages or otherwise arising from said cancellation. This applies no matter when the tour is cancelled.
- Force Majeure: Where war or terrorist activities, threatened or actual, civil unrest, industrial action, threatened or actual, weather conditions, pandemic, fire, flood, drought, airport regulations or closures, unforeseen alterations to public transport schedules and rescheduling of aircraft or any other event outside the control either delays or extends the tour or compels a change in prior arrangements, the Business cannot accept liability for any resulting loss, damage or expense to the customer.
3. Customer Cancellation or Modification
- Where the customer wishes to modify the tour arrangements after Desmond Tours had accepted and confirmed the booking, any additional costs that have been incurred by Desmond Tours, will be charged to the customer.
- Where the customer cancels the tour after Desmond Tours has accepted the booking, the customer can cancel up to 21 days before their tour start date and choose one of the following options:
- You may have your deposit payment transferred to a future booking, and any remaining amounts paid will be refunded to you.
- You may opt for a gift voucher to the value of your deposit payment, which can then be transferred to another person. Any remaining amount paid will be refunded to you..
- All participant names on bookings can be changed, so that there is full flexibility on who can join the tour (please note maximum numbers apply due to vehicle capacity).
- All fees paid are treated as “deposits for life”. This means your tour fee, which covers the cost of us planning your Dream Ireland Vacation, has a lifetime guarantee.
- Should the customer cancel the tour less than 21 days before their tour start date, refunds do not apply.
4. Desmond Tours’ Liability to the Customer
- Although we take the greatest care to ensure that everything runs smoothly on your trip, accidents can happen. For this reason, we strongly encourage you to take out adequate insurance cover prior to travel for loss or damage to personal property, personal injury or illness, medical expenses and cancellation expenses. Please note that neither Desmond Tours, its employees nor its agents can accept any liability relating to personal injury or illness, loss or damage to personal equipment, or any other unforeseen events that occur during your tour.
- Luggage is carried at the owner’s risk throughout the tour unless insured. Hand baggage and personal items such as but not limited to coats, cell phones, umbrellas and cameras are entirely in the care of the participants.
- Our website contains statements representing its honest belief that the facts as shown are correct.
- Any imagery/media which you capture and share with us (e.g. either by email or on social media), may be used by Desmond Tours without charge in all media, for bona fide promotional or marketing purposes, including without limitation promotional materials of any kind, such as brochures or on the Internet.
- All offers are subject to availability.