Private Day Tour around Ireland’s Ancient East
A day tour experience uniquely designed by Desmond Tours
Tour Highlights & Focal Points
• Kilkenny • Tipperary Countryside • Rock of Cashel • Dungarvan Village • Copper Coast Scenic Drive • Waterford Crystal • Reginald’s Tower Viking Museum • Kilkenny Castle • Kilkenny Design Centre • Kilkenny Nightlife
Enjoy a wonderful morning…
You will be warmly welcomed by our friendly driver who will escort you to your awaiting vehicle. We will build the itinerary around your preferred time of arrival, allowing you full flexibility. The starting location of this day tour is at your accommodation in Kilkenny, however, other pick-up points are also possible. Do send us an enquiry through our customised tour page to receive a unique offer, tailored to your needs.
From the medieval city of Kilkenny, your driver will take you through the rolling hills of the Kilkenny and Tipperary countryside and you will visit one of Ireland’s Ancient East’s most popular attractions – the Rock of Cashel. This is a historic site perched on an impressive hill with numerous ancient buildings such as a round tower, historic cathedral and a Celtic high cross – a fabulous photo opportunity not to be missed!
We will leave the Rock of Cashel and make our way towards Ireland’s East Coast. Depending on how the group feels, an early lunch stop is possible in the quaint village of Dungarvan.
From the village we head west, along the beautiful Copper Coast, Ireland’s first UNESCO Global Geopark. The Copper Coast is named after the 19th Century copper mines that used to dot the landscape. Today you can enjoy a spectacular coastline with serene beaches, secluded coves and rocky headlands.
From the coast we head inland and towards the City of Waterford, where depending on the group’s interest, a stop at Waterford Crystal, the Viking Museum in Reginald’s Tower or at Christ Church Cathedral are an option.
A relaxing afternoon…
After an exciting day travelling Ireland’s Ancient East, you can relax in the back of one of our comfortable vehicles, while your driver takes care of everything else. You will be returned to a location of your choice in Kilkenny and we will bid our farewells.
In Kilkenny, as locals, we can recommend excellent restaurants and pubs to ensure that you can enjoy the great nightlife Kilkenny has to offer. If time allows you may also visit the wonderful Kilkenny Castle or enjoy the wonderful Irish gifts at Kilkenny Design Centre.
Day tour prices and included services
Our day tour prices are priced from €390 per day tour – please contact us for an exact quote as prices vary depending on group size, itinerary chosen and length of tour.
Unless otherwise agreed, your tour price includes the following:
- Fully customised itinerary designed with your touring needs in mind.
- Scheduled stops at must-see locations and at lesser known hidden gems – Ireland’s best kept secrets!
- Live commentary, information, interaction and entertainment by an experienced, Failte Ireland approved guide and fully qualified driver.
- A real progressive Irish tour experience that mixes present day with the past and helps you to create memories that will last a lifetime.
- Scheduled pick up at your arrival location and drop off on departure to suit your individual schedule.
- We will supply the vehicle plus all associated costs including fuel, tolls, insurance and car-parks – your own dedicated personal group vehicle for your tour only.
- Fine food specialties can be prepared on request for special occasions – this helps to create another memorable moment during your Ireland Vacation.
- Recommendations on reputable hotel/accommodation choices, local Irish pubs, recognised taste restaurants and fun activities. Additional activity bookings for your tour on request.
- Admission fees to attractions and additional tours may incur an additional fee.
- We know that organic tour changes can happen and if required, we will facilitate changes to include restaurant bookings and other schedule changes. This is your vacation and we want to ensure that it is an enjoyable and unique experience for you!
Booking this tour
We make the booking experience an easy and accessible one for you. We invite you to contact us today and we can check availability for your dates of choice and discuss all the details of your tour requirements. This helps us to design the best tour option and itinerary for you.
Day tour prices start from €390 per day of touring as outlined above. A deposit is specified at the time of enquiry and this secures your preferred date and tour driver. Once the deposit is received, a confirmation email is sent and the final payment for the tour will be due six weeks before the start date of your tour.