Ireland – A Golfer’s Paradise
7-Day tour experience uniquely designed by Desmond Tours
Tour Highlights & Focal Points
• Dublin City • Temple Bar • Kilkenny Castle • Mount Juliet Golf Course • Rock of Cashel • The Old Head of Kinsale Golf Course • Killarney • Ring of Kerry • Waterville • Kenmare • Killeen Golf Course in Killarney • Adare Manor Golf Course • Cliffs of Moher • The Burren • Bunratty Castle & Folk Park • Galway • Connemara • Cong • Kylemore Abbey • Tullamore Dew Whiskey Distillery
On arrival you will be warmly welcomed to Ireland by our friendly driver who will escort you to your awaiting vehicle. We will build the itinerary around your preferred time of arrival, allowing you full flexibility. Depending on your time of arrival, we can start off your vacation with a Full Irish Breakfast in Dublin City in Temple Bar. This will help you to immerse yourself straight away into the Irish culture! We will leave the capital of Ireland and make our way south deeper into Ireland’s Ancient East and to the medieval city of Kilkenny. Upon arrival in Kilkenny, be prepared for a fantastic music and food scene – we recommend Kyteler’s Inn, a historic pub with great atmosphere, music and food, established in 1324. In the afternoon, tee off at Mount Juliet Golf Course, located a twenty minute drive outside of Kilkenny City. Mount Juliet Golf Course is set across 180 acres of rolling Irish countryside and is ranked among the world’s finest parkland courses having played host to numerous unforgettable tournaments.
Enjoy an overnight in the medieval city of Kilkenny
We depart the bustling city of Kilkenny and make our way south, en route we stop at The Rock of Cashel. This is a historic site perched on an impressive hill with numerous ancient buildings such as a round tower, historic cathedral and a Celtic high cross – a fabulous photo opportunity not to be missed! We will leave the Rock of Cashel and make our way to Kinsale – if time allows, we include an afternoon round of golf at The Old Head of Kinsale. The Old Head Golf Links is built on a 220-acre peninsula reaching out over two miles into the Atlantic Ocean which makes for great golfing paired with spectacular views.
Enjoy an overnight in the foodie town of Kinsale
This morning we will leave Kinsale for Killarney and we will explore one of the highlights of your trip to Ireland – the famous Ring of Kerry. A driving route along the Wild Atlantic Way through the magnificent landscape that County Kerry has to offer: dramatic mountain and lake scenery, the majestic Atlantic Ocean and quaint villages along the way. We begin the day by stopping at one of the great attractions along the Ring of Kerry, Kerry Woollen Mills, where you can experience a guided tour of the factory and shop for some authentic Irish crafts and gifts. Continue along the Ring of Kerry with numerous photo opportunities and a visit to Waterville, the place where Charlie Chaplin loved to spend his vacations. For the golf enthusiasts on board, the opportunity to play a round of golf at the great facilities in Waterville. We continue onto the bustling town of Kenmare, a great stop for a late lunch and to enjoy some more shopping. Return to Killarney for some evening entertainment. If desired, The Celtic Steps dance show, an experience to remember!
Overnight in the famous town of Killarney
Since you probably missed your round of golf yesterday – after a leisurely breakfast, we include a morning round of golf on the Killeen Course at The Killarney Golf & Fishing Club. It is one of Ireland’s most prestigious and historic golfing venues and is located in the spectacular Killarney National Park surrounded by the lakes of Lough Leane. Having been host to the Irish Open no less than four times, this is a world class golfing destination home to two 18-hole championship courses. You will be picked up by your friendly driver guide and you will be transferred to and from the golf course. Take some time in the afternoon to explore and enjoy Ireland’s most famous tourist town, with its great shops, traditional pubs and award winning restaurants.
Enjoy another night in the bustling town of Killarney
Depart the bustling town of Killarney for a round of golf at Adare Manor. The golf course at Adare is expertly designed and maintained to the highest standards, set perfectly within the glorious estate of one of Europe’s most spectacular manor house hotels. This golf course is expected to host the Ryder Cup in 2026. After a round of golf, it is time for some sight seeing – we will make our way to Galway and depending on your interests we can include the Cliffs of Moher in your itinerary or alternatively, Bunratty Castle and Folk Park. A late lunch in Doolin (Cliffs of Moher Option) or at the famous Durty Nellies Tavern (Bunratty Castle Option) is also a great stop. Your driver guide will bring you to Galway where you can enjoy the excellent restaurants and nightlife.
Enjoy an overnight in Galway, listed in Lonely Planet Travel Guides as one of the “must see cities in the world”
In the morning, your driver will pick you up and you will start the day by heading West to the little village of Moycullen, home of the green Connemara Marble, an excellent stop to stock up on some well needed Irish gifts made on site. Continuing from here, you will experience the ruggedness of the beautiful mountains of Connemara, the serene lakes and of course everybody’s favourite – plenty of sheep along the way – or on the road in fact! For those of you who like movies, you will get the opportunity to have a photo stop at the scene of the opening of the film “The Quiet Man“. From here, several options are available, depending on the group’s interest: Ireland’s only fjord “Killary Fjord”, the beautiful fishing villages of Roundstone and Clifden, Kylemore Abbey and its walled gardens, a walk on Diamond Hill and many more attractions along the way. At the end of the day, there is always the opportunity to visit the closing scene of “The Quiet Man” en route back to Galway.
Enjoy another night in Galway, voted 2020 City of Culture
In the morning, before making our way into Dublin, we recommend a stop at Tullamore Dew Whiskey Distillery – here you can find great Irish whiskey on display and you might even find a bottle or two that you’d like to take home with you!
You also have the opportunity to visit another one of Ireland’s favourite and globally renowned Whiskey distilleries, Kilbeggan Distillery. If you wish, this experience can include a unique Irish Whiskey Tasting and distillery tour.
We will bring you to Dublin Airport or transfer you to a hotel of your choice in Dublin and bid our farewells.
Tour prices and included services
Our tours are priced from €390 per day – please contact us for an exact quote as prices vary depending on group size, itinerary chosen and length of tour.
Unless otherwise agreed, your tour price includes the following:
- Fully customised itinerary designed with your touring needs in mind.
- Scheduled stops at must-see locations and at lesser known hidden gems – Ireland’s best kept secrets!
- Live commentary, information, interaction and entertainment by an experienced, Failte Ireland approved guide and fully qualified driver.
- A real progressive Irish tour experience that mixes present day with the past and helps you to create memories that will last a lifetime.
- Scheduled pick up at your arrival location and drop off on departure to suit your individual schedule.
- We will supply the vehicle plus all associated costs including fuel, tolls, insurance and car-parks – your own dedicated personal group vehicle for your tour only.
- Fine food specialties can be prepared on request for special occasions – this helps to create another memorable moment during your Ireland Vacation.
- Recommendations on reputable hotel/accommodation choices, local Irish pubs, recognised taste restaurants and fun activities. Additional activity bookings for your tour on request.
- Admission fees to attractions and additional tours may incur an additional fee.
- Driver overnight expenses (including accommodation & food)
- We know that organic tour changes can happen and if required, we will facilitate changes to include restaurant bookings and other schedule changes. This is your vacation and we want to ensure that it is an enjoyable and unique experience for you!
Booking this tour
We make the booking experience an easy and accessible one for you. We invite you to contact us today and we can check availability for your dates of choice and discuss all the details of your tour requirements. This helps us to design the best tour option and itinerary for you.
Tour prices start from €390 per day of touring as outlined above. A deposit is specified at the time of enquiry and this secures your preferred dates and tour driver. Once the deposit is received, a confirmation email is sent and the final payment for the tour will be due six weeks before the start date of your tour.