Need some more help in planning your Ireland vacation? – Check out our frequently asked questions (FAQs) below – these questions should help you plan your Ireland Vacation with Desmond Tours.
Should you have any further questions, feel free to contact us and we will be happy to help.
What is the starting point of my tour?
We can arrange pick up from any of the airports on the island of Ireland and we also offer pick ups from your accommodation. In other words, you let us know where you would like to start your tour and we arrange it!
When can I begin my tour?
Our tours start on any day of the week, whenever it suits you best, subject to availability. Get in touch with your travel dates and we will check availability for you. Generally tours between May and September sell out quickly, so early an booking is advised.
How many people can participate in the tour?
We organise tours for any group size. Larger groups may incur a surcharge, please contact us to enquire about specific rates. We do of course welcome children on our tours – please note that according to EU regulation children under the age of twelve, and shorter than 4’5″ must use a child seat to travel in a vehicle. You must let us know in advance if this is required.
What is included in the tour price?
Unless otherwise agreed, your tour price includes the following:
- Fully customised itinerary designed with your touring needs in mind.
- Scheduled stops at must-see locations and at lesser known hidden gems – Ireland’s best kept secrets!
- Live commentary, information, interaction and entertainment by an experienced, Failte Ireland approved guide and fully qualified driver.
- A real progressive Irish tour experience that mixes present day with the past and helps you to create memories that will last a lifetime.
- Scheduled pick up at your arrival location and drop off on departure to suit your individual schedule.
- We will supply the vehicle plus all associated costs including fuel, tolls, insurance and car-parks – your own dedicated personal group vehicle for your tour only.
- Fine food specialties can be prepared on request for special occasions – this helps to create another memorable moment during your Ireland Vacation.
- Recommendations on reputable hotel/accommodation choices, local Irish pubs, recognised taste restaurants and fun activities. Additional activity bookings for your tour on request.
- Driver overnight expenses (including accommodation & food)
- We know that organic tour changes can happen and ifrequired, we will facilitate changes to include restaurant bookings and other schedule changes. This is your vacation and we want to ensure that it is an enjoyable and unique experience for you!
Please note that tour prices quoted are valid for 10 days only.
What is excluded from the tour price?
Additional charges may apply for transfers before 7.00 and after 22.00.
Prices do not include tips/gratuities to drivers and local guides; personal insurance; any items of a personal nature; taxes or duties; and any beverages or food not specifically listed under “What’s Included”.
Can we book accommodation through you?
While this is a service we usually do not provide, we are happy to help you book accommodation if required. We have excellent knowledge of the great accommodations that are available in Ireland (from simple B&Bs to exquisite Castle / Manor Hotels) and are happy to provide recommendations.
Can we book flights through you?
No, we do not book flights for our clients but your local travel agent will be happy to oblige.
How long is an average day of touring?
Usually groups are picked up at 9.00 in the morning and will then enjoy touring until around 17.30 but this depends entirely on the clients’ preferences. A longer touring day can easily be compensated by a shorter one the day after.
How do we make a booking?
Please contact us so that we can check availability for your dates of choice. A deposit specified at the time of enquiry secures your dates. Once the deposit is received, a confirmation email is sent and the final payment is due six weeks before the start date of your tour. Please view our Terms of Business for further information.
How do we pay for our booking?
You may pay your deposit / final payment via bank transfer or if you prefer by credit card. If you wish to pay by credit card we will send you a link via email or you can pay for your tour here.
Do you recommend I take out travel insurance for my trip to Ireland?
Yes, absolutely. For further information on booking and cancellation terms, please see our Terms of Business
Are there any restrictions on the amount of luggage I can bring?
Please contact us in advance if you are planning on bringing any large equipment or if you would like to bring more than one large suitcase plus one piece of hand luggage per passenger and we will do our best to accommodate this.
What vehicle(s) will be used for my tour through Ireland?
This will depend a little on the size of your group and the availability of our vehicles. Please note that the availability of a particular vehicle may not always be guaranteed due to maintenance and repairs. Feel free to contact us for more information or review our Mercedes fleet page.
Are you ready to book your customised Ireland vacation or perhaps you need some more help in planning your tour? The more we know about your idea of the perfect Ireland vacation, the better we will be able to advise and help you create the perfect vacation for you and your group.